We've made registration easy and free:
Step 1: Register here. You only need to enter a username, email address, and location.
Step 2: Check your email for your new password and a link back to the DMLP.
Step 3: Follow the link back to the DMLP.
Thank you for registering.
At the Digital Media Law Project we seek to build a community of lawyers, academics, journalists, and others who are interested in facilitating citizen participation in online media and in protecting the legal rights of those engaged in speech on the Internet.
With this goal in mind, we hope to bring a diverse range of perspectives and voices into this site. While we do not want to limit the spirit of civil disagreement, we may, at our sole discretion, decline to publish unacceptable content and remove it if we find it on this site.
Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Statements that are intended as a personal attack or are abusive, harassing, or threatening
- Defamatory or knowingly false statements
- Information of a private or personal nature that does not have news value or is otherwise not of public interest
- Irrelevant statements, commercial solicitations, or SPAM
- Materials that violate the copyright, trademark, or trade secret rights of others that are not otherwise authorized by law, such as fair use
DMLP staff will determine what is "unacceptable content" on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to change these standards at any time. We also reserve the right to remove links to unacceptable off-site content at any time.